If you’re wondering how to keep kids entertained at a wedding venue, then this article is just for you…
Whilst the parents are sipping cocktails and nibbling canapés the little ones are becoming bored and that can lead to all sorts of trouble….however, panic not! With a little preparation and forward thinking, you can keep kids entertained at a wedding venue. And you will discover that the youngest of the generations can make a wedding so much more fun.
How to keep kids entertained at the table
Sitting for long periods can make even the most patient of little ones fidget, especially through the speeches. For busy hands and short attention spans we recommend:
- Lego: Individual boxes of lego will keep little fingers occupied for quite some time.
- Colouring books, puzzle books, stickers and crayons.
- Playing cards such as snap.
- A balloon modelling kit is great fun.
- Marriage themed activity place mat.
- Pocket sized Etch-A-Sketch or a Mini Quad Connect.
- Goody bag containing some or all of the above mentioned items.
- Kids like to feel not just entertained, but also included. Why not provide biscuits and milk for the toasts during the speeches.
Outdoor Wedding Venue Children’s Entertainment
These ideas don’t necessarily have to be in the outdoor grounds of the wedding venue. Some of them could be set up inside.
- Put up a ‘Kids Only’ tent; show a movie and serve pizza
- Children’s entertainer – Or, if you’re thinking of hiring a magician for your reception, ask him to spend some time with the children.
- Life size board games such as Jenga and Connect 4.
- Croquet, ring Toss a coconut shy and other outdoor games can be great fun for all ages.
- Piñata – just make sure the bride gets first bash!
- Keep your kids entertained at a wedding venue with a bubble station that includes bubbles and glow sticks for after dark.
- They might be awake for the next 24 hours, but children do love a snack station loaded with sweets, savoury snacks, cakes and drinks
- A wedding venue that can provide large gardens to run around in is perfect.
- A bouncy castle – kids only please!
- Hire a Photo Booth, it will keep everyone entertained for hours.
- Dressing up box – themed to the marriage ceremony
- Hire a babysitter to oversee things and make sure everyone is playing nicely.
The answer to keeping your kids entertained at a wedding venue…
The advice from the team at Baddow Park House wedding venue in Essex is that inviting children to your wedding can be fun. The answer to keeping your kids entertained at a wedding venue, is to plan in advance. Make sure the children have plenty of space to let off steam and perhaps a quiet corner for those who need a nap. Happy, well fed, entertained children can bring an infectious dose of fun to a wedding. The chances are that guests without toddlers will actually love having them around.
Kirstie and Andy
Mrs & Mrs B
Nick & Lorna Bastian
The wonderful thing about choosing a dress for your country house wedding is that anything goes.If you’re planning on holding your wedding at a country house, you might be wondering what style of...
From gourmet catering, to luxury accommodation, 10 reasons why Baddow Park is the best wedding venueWith its historical architecture, breathtaking...
Image courtesy of Farlie PhotographyWeddings themselves are a beautiful tradition, but as decades have passed and society has changed, more...
Image courtesy of Zeal PhotographyGabriella and Debo’s story starts like all great love stories - on holiday. They were both on separate holidays in...
One of the very best luxury wedding venues in Britain, Baddow Park House offers couples, meticulous attention to detail, and impeccable service in a...
Image courtesy of Farlie PhotographyIn the UK, there are two ways you can get legally married; in a religious ceremony and a civil ceremony. But...